Members of the
Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia, Queensland (IPWEAQ) are
invited to attend the Annual General Meeting to be held as follows:
Date: Thursday 26 October 2017
Time: 2:40pm - 2:55pm
Location: Yongala Room, Townsville Exhibition & Convention Centre
Eligibility to Attend: Financial members of IPWEAQ
Quorum: 17 members (in person or by proxy)
2. Minutes of previous AGM (10 November 2016, Brisbane)
3. Receive and adopt the financial statements, board members’ report and auditor’s report for the year ended 30 June 2017. (Please see Annual Report 2017)
4. Election of IPWEAQ Board
5. Appointment of auditor for 2018
Austroads has recently updated its intersections guidance with new editions of:
A free webinar will provide an overview of the key changes to the three Guides which will be particularly useful for practitioners dealing with the selection and/or design of intersections.
Monday, 6 November 2016
1:00 pm AEDT
Registration is essential. Register now!
The following programs and initiatives are currently under development or available for delivery:
Congratulations to IPWEAQ Board Member Dwayne Honor and his wife Merinda who welcomed baby
William Alec Honor on 2 October 2017!
New IPWEAQ Partner, 12d Solutions has announced the 12d International Innovation Awards
The awards recognise inspired thinking and innovative solutions in civil engineering, surveying and data management. The Awards are open to all users of 12d Model and 12d Synergy (with some exceptions).
Entries close at 11pm (AEST) 30th April 2018 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more.
The comprehensive program offers up to 16 hours of CPD and includes:
- 9 keynote and plenary presentations
- 30 sessions across 12 streams
- 3 technical tours
- The IPWEAQ Futures Challenge
- Great Debate 'smart cities are not that smart'
There are excellent opportunities for networking:
- Welcome Function sponsored by Abergeldie Complex Infrastructure
- Gala Awards Ceremony and Dinner sponsored by Premise
- Closing ceremony sponsored by Fulton Hogan
vehicle crashes representing the most common form of work related fatalities in
Australia, driving for work poses a considerable risk for employees.
The National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP) in collaboration with multiple industry partners and stakeholders, has released the Grey Fleet Safety Management Guide (GFSMG). Grey Fleet refers to employee owned vehicles used for work purposes, in contrast to the vehicle being provided by the employer.
The Guide will assist organisation's identify their Grey Fleet, highlight legal responsibilities and contrast similarities and differences between Grey Fleet and traditional fleet management operations.